If you’re thinking about whether you need to have yacht window tint installed on your yacht, then knowing what the advantages are will certainly help you decide. So, why is it worth spending your money on a window feature? Here are five great answers to that question.
1. It reduces the risks of accidents – One of the leading causes of vehicular accidents is glare. When sunlight hits a reflective surface, it produces a shaft of intense light that can be quite debilitating. A glare can cause momentary blindness that can affect one’s ability to operate a vehicle efficiently.
It is for this reason that auto window tinting has become an essential. It lessens the cut of glare coming from oncoming traffic, building windows and other reflective surfaces. In addition to being an additional safety precaution, it has also become a way to enhance the physical appearance of a car.
Boat window tinting is gradually becoming popular as more and more people realize the advantages of cutting glare. A yacht window tint helps to regulate the visible sunlight without affecting the driver’s ability to see clearly.
As every boatman whether a neophyte or one with years of experience on the water knows that sudden glares are a constant risk while out boating. The water’s surface intensifies the light coming from the sun creating a strong and intense illumination. This can make is difficult to navigate the water efficiently. This is actually why most people choose to wear sunglasses when driving a boat. Even a nighttime cruise is not safe. Strong shore lights also often cause sudden glare.
2. It keeps infrared out – Infrared is a solar radiation that is not visible to the human eye. When it enters the interior of the boat, it can create a greenhouse effect that can have health risks and cause damage to your yacht’s HVAC system. Infrared increases the temperature making it uncomfortably hot. This can result in heat stroke, heat exhaustion and is a strain on your boat’s air condition unit.
A yacht window tint can prevent up to 98% of infrared from entering the interior of your yacht through your windows. This means, you can comfortably stay in the shade and recharge your body for your next time out in the sun.
3. It gives you an extra defense against UV Rays – Another harmful solar radiation is the UV Rays. Chronic prolonged exposure to UV A and UV B can cause skin conditions such as cancer. In addition, these rays can also cause extensive damage to the furnishing of the interior of your yacht resulting in staining, fading and cracking.
By installing a yacht window tint, you can prevent up to 99.9% of these harsh rays from causing damage to the people on board and the furnishings inside.
4. It helps you save energy – As discussed earlier infrared can cause the heat inside your yacht to go up. When this happens, the most obvious fix is to turn down the AC. This will require more power. Your boat’s HVAC system is hooked up to the engine. So, the more power it consumes, the more fuel it will need. With all the energy you will be using towards keeping your interior cool, you’ll need to refuel quite more.
Another energy drain on-board is artificial lighting. When you put up blinds to keep the cabin cool, you will be blocking visible light from entering. So, without a natural light source, you’ll need to turn the lamps on.
A yacht window tint can help you conserve energy. It prevents the infrared from coming is so your AC can cool the interior without using too much power. In addition, with the different types of window tint available, you can find the right darkness to provide the cozy atmosphere you want.
5. It provides additional security – Security is always a concern, whether it’s for your home, your car or your yacht. You, of course want to make sure that your loved ones and your property are protected. When determining what type of yacht window tint to have installed, you may want to check out what other people are saying. Look at the security features on a window films review.
A security film can be used to prevent glass from shattering when it is deliberately or accidentally smashed. A spider web like pattern forms on the surface but the pieces are kept intact.
Installing a yacht window tint will help you enjoy your time more while you’re on board your yacht. You can rest easy knowing that what seems like such a simple feature could actually offer a host of benefits to keep you safe and secure.